VIP Hosting - Professional
RAID and Dual Power-supply for Resilience
The Professional server introduces RAID into the managed server range. RAID stands for a Redundant Array of Independent Disks. In simple terms, this means that we include two live hard drives into your server in addition to its separate nightly-backup drive. Every time a file is written to one of the two live disks, it is automatically replicated on the other. Should one of these live drives fail physically, the server will continue working and no data will be lost. It will continue to operate from the unaffected drive. We will be alerted about the situation automatically and will replace the failed drive at a time convenient to you. As a bonus, spreading the load over two drives means data can be read twice as quickly. We add additional memory and processor speed to The Professional server to match the increased resilience.
The Professional server is ideal for medium traffic mission-critical sites and is well suited to e-commerce ventures. It is also possible to host a number of sites on the one server; there is a roomy 1500 Gigabytes of included data transfer a month. The server is housed in a 2U case. This gives extra room for ventilation and for drives mounted in caddies. This ensures long-term reliability, with simple drive exchange should it be necessary. Further, the Professional server and its bigger siblings contain two live power supply units. Should one of them fail, the second unit will take over without a glitch, allowing a replacement at a time convenient to you.
The Professional server gives you the peace of mind: the most common areas of hardware failure have been preempted efficiently and reliably. It is ideal for any project that requires good value mission criticality.
- Debian / GNU Linux1
- Web control panel1
- Service Level Guarantee99.9%
- Network BackupWeekly
- Linux firewall systems1
- 24 hour network monitoring and paging1
- Rack mount1U
- ProcessorSix Core AMD Phenom
- Disk Space3 x 1TB SATA
Bandwidth & Environment
- Bandwidth1.5TB per month
O.S. & Software
- Operating systemDebian/GNU Linux.
- Web serverApache.
- Server accessUnix shell (via SSH), FTP, web-based Control Panel. Superuser (root) access allowed
- Control panelComprehensive web-based admin system for server and email administration.
- Mail serverQmail (emulates Sendmail) or Postfix
- Name serverDedicated or managed DNS server
- TechnologiesPHP, Perl, MySQL, Python, Apache (more can be installed as required).
- E-CommerceSSL secure server facilities (requires SSL certificate).
- Software Updates & InstallationAdvanced Packaging Tool available from command line and web panel.
The Data Centre
- State of the art modern data centre1
- Attended 24/7 by sys admins & security staff1
- Security-tag controlled entry points1
- Visual photo ID check on entry1
- Closed circuit cameras1
- Combination locked cabinets1
- Under-floor air conditioning system1
- FM2000 Fire Suppression1
- 24hr diesel backup power generators1
- Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)1
- Electrical power filtering and smoothing1
- 1000Mb/s backbones - with instant expansion capability 1
- Multiple redundant BGP routes to the UK LINX, Europe and Transatlantic1
- 1000Mb/s network with 1000Mb/s switches: no contended hubs1
- Custom built high specification Intel routers running GNU/Linux.1
- Advanced Cisco switch and Juniper core router technology1
- Storm and DDOS protection systems1
- Scan and intrusion detection facilities1
- Monthly Payment Charge£675
- Quarterly Payment Option£CALL
- Annual Payment Option£CALL