Dolphin - Orca
The Dolphin's even more reliable big brother
The Orca server takes the power and flexibility of the standard Dolphin and adds an extra layer of reliability. The Orca beefs up the standard Dolphin spec. More importantly: in addition to the full backup drive to keep your data safe, the Orca includes two main drives in addition to the backup to provide full RAID mirroring. This means that, even if one of your primary drives fails, your other drive will continue serving your site and applications with no downtime and no dataloss at all.
The Orca gives you the additional power and reliability that your critical applications demand. Learn about the amazing support and infrastructure we provide via the links on the right, or see below for a summary of the the Orca's features.
- Debian / GNU Linux1
- Web control panel1
- Unrivaled bandwidth1
- 3 hour support response time1
- 24 / 7 Emergency SMS service1
- ZDR power control system1
- Java Servlets and JSP1
- Software RAID controller1
- Case1U rack mount
- ProcessorQuad Core AMD Phenom
- Disk Space3 x 500GB SATA
- Network Card100/1000 ethernet
- BackupNightly local
Bandwidth & Environment
- Network100 Mb/s backbone via 100 Mb/s switch port.
- RoutingMultiple BGP-controlled backbone resilience.
- EnvironmentSecure server room with air conditioning and climate control.
- PowerDiesel generator power backup.
- MonitoringBasic system monitoring (external full SMS service monitoring available as an optional extra)
- Server RebootZDR (Zero Delay Reboot) via user-controlled web panel.
- Bandwidth750GB per month
O.S. & Software
- Operating systemDebian/GNU Linux.
- Web serverApache.
- Server accessUnix shell (via SSH), FTP, web-based Control Panel. Superuser (root) access allowed
- Control panelComprehensive web-based admin system for server and email administration.
- Mail serverQmail (with Sendmail emulation), Vpopmail, SQWebmail, EzMLM
- Name serverDedicated DNS Server.
- TechnologiesPHP, Perl, MySQL, Python, Apache (more can be installed as required).
- E-CommerceSSL secure server facilities (requires SSL certificate).
- Software Updates & InstallationAdvanced Packaging Tool available from command line and web panel.
- SMS Monitoring£25 per month
- Network Backup£300 per quarter
- Setup ChargeFree
- Monthly Payment Charge£440
- Quarterly Payment Option£1240
- Annual Payment Option£4950
- Minimum Terms12 Months
- Normal Setup Time2 Weeks